Home | Xenophobia: Part One | Xenophobia: Part Two | Xenophobia: Part Three | Fish Out Of Water | LiveJournal Blog

Introduction

Now this is a funny one. Here you could enter up to two sims, and you had to pick a different sin for each one to represent. It was a battle after that to get past the applications, with each sim in the same category competing for progress. I chose my two - and neither made it.

I still had ideas though, and at first submitted them in the story section on Insim, under the title "Fallen Angels". Then I got a PM from the host saying the sim for Sloth (one I'd gone for) had dropped out, and would I be up for filling the void. Needless to say I said yes, and transferred that story to the contest.

Only this contest had a unique arrangement. It relied on each sim staying through to the end, as it was a contest to see which sin won out of the seven. We lost two entrants so the contest finished at round two. Judging took place there and then, and my sim came third.

I'll be posting my other contestant's story too, even though with him the ideas stopped at round one. They both feature in a story I've been working on called Brotherly Love, which you can check out if you like. Just be aware that, since it's too much for SimTales, it won't be promoted by them, and the link to the story will instead sit quietly in the sidebar on my blogs.

Rating: Advanced
Eliminations: See above
Result: See above

Wednesday 18 June 2008

Application - Sloth

Sin: Sloth
Name: Johan Turilli, but you can call me Joe
Age: I stopped aging - mentally and physically - at 22, although I've been on this Earth for over 30 years now.

My wife started calling me Garfield while we were still in Uni - lazy but loveable she says. My brother Carlos says I "burden myself with everyone else's problems" - some call it a "gift of Empathy", I call it a curse. I know things could be worse, and that was certainly true when things first started to eat at me, but now? I don't know, could it get much worse? If I was mortal I'd probably be an alcoholic by now...

Nice isn't it? I live here. Whoever said money can't buy happiness though, they knew what they were talking about.

I wasn't much use as a Best Man in the end - I was too busy wishing I could feel the effects of alcohol.


*****

The host posted links to explanations of each sin, which I'm incredibly grateful for; it gave me more reason to use him - my first thoughts were the most severe case of lazyitis I'd ever seen in a sim, but there's more to him than that.

No comments: